Helping you cross the

legal finish line

Clinton Township Lawyer for Custody Modification

At the completion of your divorce proceeding, a court will issue a divorce order that outlines the responsibilities of you and your ex-spouse. These orders reflect the situation at the time the divorce is finalized and reflect the parties’ need for support and the ability to care for a child.

Modify Your Child Support, Child Custody or Alimony Order in Macomb County

At The Law Offices of Lorrie J. Zahodnic, P.C., we have more than 25 years experience helping people throughout Michigan address their family law issues. We strive to provide the best client service that focuses on the needs and goals of each client we serve.

One issue we address is the need to modify previous court orders following a significant change in circumstances of one or more parties. However, courts will not modify existing divorce orders simply upon the request of a former spouse — you must be able to show that a change is necessary and that the existing order no longer reflects your current abilities or that it is no longer in the best interests of your child. Consult with an experienced Clinton Township modification attorney today to discuss your situation and learn your options.

Your initial phone consultation is on us! Call 586-630-5035 or toll free at 877-409-2312. You may also contact our firm online by filling out a short client intake form.

What Warrants Family Law Modifications in Michigan?

Our firm understands that the original terms of your divorce might no longer be reasonable given your current situation. Attorney Lorrie J. Zahodnic will carefully review your circumstances and provide honest, candid advice about your options. If pursuing a modification is in your best interests, Ms. Zahodnic will prepare a thorough strategy aimed at obtaining a positive result.

Courts will typically look at the following factors when determining whether a child custody or support modification is appropriate:

  • Has there been a significant change in income, including job loss or promotion?
  • Is a parent moving out of state?
  • Is there evidence of abuse by one or more parents?
  • Does a child or parent have a serious illness or special medical requirements?
  • Has an ex-spouse remarried?

Of course, these are just a few of the many factors courts will consider, and much will depend upon your unique situation. Get the answers you need today by speaking with Attorney Zahodnic to get your family court order issues resolved.

Yes, I Want to Schedule My Free Phone Consultation

Lorrie Zahodnic is a thorough and knowledgeable Clinton Township family lawyer. She can meet with you to discuss your concerns and legal options Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and at other times by request. We also provide free initial phone consultations.

Call us at 586-630-5035 or toll free at 877-409-2312 or contact our firm online to schedule your free phone consultation.