Divorce is almost never an easy decision. There are many aspects of divorce to consider and many challenges that can arise. People in Clinton Township, or anywhere else who are considering divorce can have a lot of questions and concerns that can have lasting affects.
According to a recent survey, couples without children that are considering divorce have several concerns, with the top one of those being the cost of a divorce. Meantime, couples with children named cost as their second biggest concern, trailing only custody issues which were named by just over 50 percent of those who responded to the survey. The information was gathered from couples that were facing divorce as well as from attorneys.
Among the other big concerns named were property division, which came in second among couples without children, as well as the time it would take to complete a divorce (third) and alimony (fourth). Another aspect of the survey showed that 65 percent of people who file for divorce use a divorce attorney, while the other 35 percent choose to go it alone or use a do-it-yourself service.
Finances can be a big concern for anyone facing divorce. However, speaking with an experienced divorce attorney can make a big difference in how the divorce proceedings will go. Having a knowledgeable lawyer who understands all the intricate details of divorce can help a person get the settlement that he or she is seeking. It may be a good idea to speak with a divorce attorney today.
Source: The Huffington Post, Divorce Study Indicates That Cost Of Splitting Up Is Top Concern For Divorcing Couples," August 1, 2013.